Diabetes patients should consume ginger tea, as it helps blood sugar level to remain under control. Ginger has an anti-inflammatory properties which can help to prevent some complications of diabetes. Find out how to prepare ginger tea for diabetes.
Due to unhealthy lifestyle, poor diet and poor physical activity, youth are increasingly suffering from chronic disease today. In earlier times where diabetes was faced after the age of 50. Today, young people are increasingly suffering from blood sugar.
At present, about 7.8 per cent of the country’s population suffers from diabetes. In diabetes, it is most important to control blood sugar levels. Because rising blood sugar levels can lead to problems like heart attack, brain stroke, kidney failure and multiple organ failure.
Diabetes patients should consume this juice on an empty stomach, to keep the blood sugar level under control.
When pancreas reduces or stops production of insulin hormones, it increases blood sugar levels, known as hyperglycemia. In such a situation, diabetes patients need to take special care of their blood sugar level. Blood sugar can be easily controlled by following some diet plan properly. Similarly, you can easily control blood sugar by consuming ginger if you like.
How To Prepare Ginger Tea for Diabetes?
- 3 cups water.
- 3 tsp tea leaves.
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped.
- One teaspoon lemon juice.
- 1 to 2 tsp honey.
- First take water to the pan according to your needs.
- When the water boils, add ginger and reduce the flame.
- As soon as ginger water boils, add tea leaves, lemon juice, honey and turn off the gas.
- Now the Ginger, lemon and honey tea is ready. Strain it into a cup and serve.
How Will Ginger Be Beneficial For Diabetics?
100 grams of ginger contains 80 calories, 1.82 grams of protein and 2 grams of dietary fiber. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties which can also help to prevent some complications of diabetes. According to a research, if a person consume 2 grams of ginger per day for 12 weeks, his blood sugar can be easily reduced.
According to another research published on the journal Planta Medica, the major active ingredient at the root of ginger is gingerol, which improves the absorption of glucose in muscle cells without using insulin and helps to control high blood sugar.
Diabetes Patients Can Also Consume Ginger Like This.
Apart from ginger tea, diabetic patient can also consume ginger like the following;
- Eating up to 4 grams per day can help to reduce blood sugar levels and control insulin production. If consumed in excess, you may face heart burn, diarrhea or stomach problems.
- Cut ginger into small pieces and consume it or grate it on top of the dishes.
- You can make ginger lemonade. It is not only good for health but also help you to keep fresh.
- Cut a few pieces of ginger into a little water and leave it overnight. Drink this ginger water in the morning or you can sip it throughout the day if you want.
Now, you have knew how to prepare ginger tea for diabetes and how ginger tea is beneficial for patients who is suffering from diabetes. However, you should avoid excessive consumption as it may causes several side effects.