Diseases are treated in many ways in the medical world. In some places medicines are used, whereas, herbs are used somewhere. On the other hand, some people do yoga to get rid of physical problems. There is another way to cure diseases and physical problems, known as acupressure. So, today we will be telling you about Acupressure Tools.
Acupressure originated in China in ancient times and can be effective in curing many disease. On the other hand, note that this method is not a complete cure for the problems. Medical advice is essential to eradicate any problem from the root.
That is why in this article, we will explain to you in detail the benefits and side effects of acupressure therapy as well as the benefits of acupressure tools.
What Is Acupressure?
Acupressure is a type of therapy that has been used in China since ancient times to treat many diseases. Some special points of the body are pressed to perform this therapy. These points are called acupoints.
Pressing acupoint can control stress hormones as well as other essential hormones, which can be effective in relieving fatigue and pain. In addition, pressing acupoint causes muscle tension, which also improves blood circulation.(1)
Common Acupressure Points.
The entire human body is believed to be a group of acupoint. Acupoints are closest to the skin surface. They are activated through acupressure. A variety of diseases and physical problems can be treated by activating them.
Pressure at different points has different effects. Three different acupoints of acupressure are mentioned. Among them, Local Point (LP) and Distal Point (DP) are two important acupoints used by acupressure doctors to treat patients.
How To Do Acupressure?
Acupoint can be activated by fingers, elbows, feet, thumbs, thumb or through some specific devices. During ancient times, Acupoint was started in China with the help of stones, known as the Bian Stones.
There are currently many acupressure tools available in the market. Massage have also been included in the method of acupressure. Here we are explaining in detail how to do acupressure.(2)
- First of all, it is important to have accurate information about the acupoint present in the body.
- Then massage and pressure are put on each acupoint so that the acupoints become active.
- It is important to stay calm and breathe normally while massaging acupoint.
- Along with massaging yourself at these acupoints, another expert can also help in massaging.
*Note: Acupressure should always be done under the supervision of a qualified trainer. He or she can use hand as well as equipment. Be careful not to do it yourself if you are not aware of it.
After knowing acupressure, you will learn more about the benefits of acupressure therapy.
Benefits of Acupressure.
If done with the right technique, the benefits of acupressure can be both physical and mental. Here are the benefits of acupressure therapy, which are as follows:
1. Benefits of Acupressure Therapy For Immune System.
According to a research published on the NCBI website, acupressure can help in increasing the ability to fight diseases. It is effective in improving the immune system.
When the major points are pressed by acupressure with the use of fingers on the surface of the skin, the flow of energy into the body can be controlled through meridian (a chain that flows energy inside the body) and chakras (the center of power in the human body).
The effect of energy is believed to strengthen the immune system. This effect can be effective in boosting the immune system as well as removing other physical problems.(3)
2. Benefits of Acupressure Therapy to Relieve Stress.
Acupressure can be an easy and safe technique to relieve stress. It can help to control the functioning of the brain through pressure on the nerves. It also helps in controlling stress hormones, which can reduce stress.
Hemodialysis is the process of cleaning the blood of patients suffering from kidney problems.
3. Benefits of Acupressure For Relief From Back Pain.
Acupressure can be effective in reducing a variety of pain. One of them is back pain. According to the research, vaccaria seeds were carefully tapped at the auricular point (some major part of the ear on the outer part).
The compound of vaccaria found in seeds can help to relieve severe back pain (especially in the lower back) by applying pressure on the acupoint properly. However, more research is needed on how this acupoint relieves back pain.(5)
4. Benefits of Acupressure in Labor Pain.
Acupressure can also be effective in reducing pain during childbirth. A scientific research found that a few inches above the heel is an acupoint called Sanyinjiao.
5. Benefits of Acupressure to Remove Wrinkles.
Acupressure can be beneficial for health as well as skin. There is believed to be an acupoint on the edges of both eyes, called Tong Zi Liao Point. Acupressure at this acupoint can improve eye blood circulation as well as help in removing wrinkles.(7)
Best Acupressure Tools.
Acupressure can be done through the following tools:
1. Health Mat.
This mats relieve leg and back pain. These ergonomically engineered mats absorb shock and promote the right posture. They also help in reducing fatigue, relieving stress and preventing consequential health disorders.
2. Acupressure Dot Slippers.
These slippers target the body parts by pressurizing the energy points attached to those organs. It help in curing insomnia, neck pain, back pain, arthritis and low energy levels etc. These come in a universal shape and fit both for men and women. Features:
- Reduces the effects of depression and anxiety.
- Helps to reduce headaches and migraines.
- Increases energy levels.
- Develops a positive mental attitude.
- Boost digestion, resolves eye problems effectively and improves concentration.
3. Set Acupressure Massager For The Whole Body.
This massager set identifies the body’s most important pressure points to provide pain relief. Using this set will have a medical effect and increase blood circulation throughout the body. Features:
- Stimulates blood circulation.
- Helps to relieve muscle pain.
- Helps to improve concentration.
|Read Now: Amazing Health Benefits of Chainsoo
4. Thermal Belt.
This belt is studded with miraculous stones called tourmaline. It provide you pain relief, assist you in your weight loss goals, and also offers many other health benefits like:
- Makes you feel relaxed.
- Controls the nervous system.
- Cell Stimulation.
5. Island Therapy Acu Roll Massager.
This massage set is beneficial for the entire body as it identifies the most important pressure points. It provides relief against stiffness and pain. Features are:
- Relaxes muscles and joints.
- Helps to relieve muscle pain.
- Handicrafts with wood.
- Helps to improve concentration.
- Effective in cramps, migraines, sinus, insomnia and stress.
Side Effects of Acupressure.
Acupressure is a therapy that gives only benefits. There is a lack of research on the negative consequences, but there are disadvantages of acupressure based on personal experience, which are described below:
- Acupressure should not be done even if there is swelling, injury and wounds. Acupressure performed at these places can show some side effects.
- This should not be done to avoid harmful consequences after consumption of food, alcohol or drugs. Here we make it clear that alcohol, smoking and drug abuse are not beneficial in any way.
- Pregnant women should avoid acupressure on the stomach, otherwise they may see harmful effects.
- In case of serious heart problems, individuals should avoid acupressure due to slight drop in blood pressure.
- If the wrong acupoint is pressed, the problem for which acupressure is being applied is not affected. At the same time, it is possible that it will cause some other problem.
- Acupressure cannot be beneficial in curing chronic and serious diseases.
In this article you learn that acupressure is been a major part of an ancient system of medicine. It is a therapy that can be effective in reducing the disease to a great extent without any operation, exercise and medicines.
You got detailed information about this therapy and its benefits as well as how beneficial is acupressure tools are. So take advantage of this therapy by learning about acupoint from acupressure expert today. Also, make sure not to do it yourself, but to get treated by a trained doctor.
Freaktofit has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, educational research institutes, and medical organizations. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and up-to-date by reading our editorial policy.
- Contemporary acupressure therapy: Adroit cure for painless recovery of therapeutic ailments; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5388088/
- Integrative Medicine Collaborative; https://www.uclahealth.org/integrative-medicine/
- Massage therapy for cancer patients: a reciprocal relationship between body and mind; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1891200/
- The effects of acupressure on depression, anxiety and stress in patients with hemodialysis: a randomized controlled trial; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25468282/
- Auricular point acupressure for chronic low back pain: a feasibility study for 1-week treatment; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22811745/
- The effects of acupressure on labor pains during child birth: randomized clinical trial 1; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4990037/
- Augmented Reality Based Self-Treatment Using Acupressure; http://184.108.40.206:8080/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/7465/12%20M.%20K.%20Multani%20Conference%20Paper%20Augmented%20Reality%20Based%20Self-Treatment%20Using%20Acupressure.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y