6 Effective Yoga Asanas For Skin Disease or Skin Problems: The skin is the largest organ in the body, in terms of both weight and surface area. It separates your interiors from the outside world. It protects you from various harmful organisms and also protects your body. Clogging and burning can irritate your skin and causes several skin problems. However, regular practice of yoga asanas can help to fight against several skin problems or disease like fungal skin infection and this yoga poses are also helps in skin tightening.
Common Skin Problems.
Psoriasis: This skin disease causes inflammation and scaling. Which causes thick red patches along with silver scales that feel itchy.
Acne: This happens when the follicles of the glands of the skin stick to excessive sebum. This is the most common skin problem that affects about 80% of the world.
Wrinkles: These are mainly caused by aging. Its develop sagging skin and fine lines, making you look old. Lifestyle issues may cause wrinkles to people than before.
Eczema: This is a long-term skin problem. Its symptoms includes dry and itchy skin, which has a lot of rashes on the face, hands and feet etc.
Hives: In this situation, develop red bumps on the skin. Sometimes there may be itching. This is mainly due to the reaction of food or medicines.
Melanoma: It is a type of cancer that usually develops due to dyes in melanocytes or cells.
Rashes or Basic Dermatitis : It will make your skin dry and itchy.
Rosacea: This is mainly caused by the sensitivity of the sun. It causes redness and swelling. The skin becomes thick, and the nose becomes swollen.
How Does Yoga Asanas Effective for Skin Disease or Problems?
Toxins, unbalanced hormones, free radicals, and sensitivity of the sun are all common causes of skin problems. The solution? Improving blood circulation, balancing hormones, scavenging free radicals, delivering more oxygen to cells, reducing stress and strengthening your immunity can help to combat skin problems.
Many of these can be achieved by regular practice of yoga. These simple postures can provide what else your skin needs.
6 Best Yoga Asanas for Skin Disease or Skin Problems.
- Janu Sirsasana.
- Viparita Karani.
It is also known as Triangle Pose.
This posture helps to open your hips, torso, and heart, thereby increase blood circulation, which helps to remove toxins, kills free radicals, and removes blockages. Facial muscles lose stress and relax. Your skin can stay healthy and shiny!
How To Do It?
- Keep your feet apart. Raise your arms, so that they are parallel to the floor, your palms will downwards. Rotate your left foot at an angle of 45 degrees and the right at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Your heel should parallel to each other.
- Move your body to the right, reaching your right hand towards the wall as you lower your right hand down towards the floor.
- Touch the right leg or inner thigh (avoid bending on the knee) with the right hand, and spread your left arm in the air, towards the sky.
- Look at your left hand.
- Stop and release breath. Repeat on the other side.
|Read Now: 14 Unexpected Health Benefits of Yoga|
It is also known as Padahastasana, Hasta Padasana, Standing Forward Bend.
This posture helps to increase the circulation of blood in the face, neck and head. It helps to relax facial muscles and balance hormones, thereby promoting healthy skin.
How To Do It?
- Stand upright and place your hands on your hips.
- Exhale and bend your hips. Your hands can be placed on the floor next to your feet (if necessary you can bend your knees, which will protect your back).
- The legs must be parallel to each other.
- Move your torso as you stretch and lift the tailbone.
- Relax your head and neck towards the floor.
- Take breath.
|Read Now: Yoga and Its Several Health Benefits|
It is also known as head-to-knee pose, head-to-knee forward bend, head-on-knee pose.
This posture works on balancing hormones and cleaning toxins from the system. It also increases the supply of blood and oxygen to the facial muscles. Your skin will feel freshening and rejuvenating.
How To Do It?
- Make dandasana yoga pose.
- Bend your left leg so that the left foot touches the right thigh.
- Gently bend forward the hips, touch your head to your knees and your hands to your feet.
- Bend slightly to the straight according to the picture given above.
- As you breathe deeply, hold the pose for a few seconds.
- Release and repeat with the left foot.
|Read Now: 5 Magical Quantum Exercise With The Power of Yoga|
It is also known as Cobra Pose.
When you spread and open your heart and lungs, your breathing improves. Your blood circulation improves when you breathe more oxygen. Better circulation and sufficient oxygen can help to remove toxins and free radicals throughout your body. Which improve skin quality and prevent premature aging, acne and psoriasis. This posture can also help to regulate hormones.
How To Do It?
- Lie down on your stomach, spread your legs and keep the feet downwards.
- Place your elbow with your hands on your mat next to your elbow and lift your chest by placing body weight on the elbow.
- Breathe deeply, and exhale.
|Read Now: Sphinx Pose for Men with Advantages and Steps|
It is also known as the Wall up pose.
Regular practice of this posture can help to clean the radicals on the face and increase the supply of oxygen to the face.
How To Do This?
- Sit on a wall and gently lift your legs above the wall.
- Lie down gently on your back and stretch your arms to ensure that your palms are upwards.
- Once you are comfortable, close your eyes and breathe.
- Leave after a few minutes.
|Read Now: 7 Effective Yoga Poses for Intermediates|
It is also known as Wind Relief Pose.
This posture stimulates and controls the digestive system. It helps to flush out toxins from the system by facilitating proper digestion and improving circulation, which can help to cleanse the skin from acne and smear.
How To Do It?
- Lie flat on the floor with your back on the ground.
- Bend your knees and embrace them.
- Lift your head off the floor, and bring your nose between your knees.
- As you breathe deeply, hold the pose for a few seconds, then release.
|Read Now: 7 Yoga Poses for Cervical Spondylosis and Neck Pain|
Skin problems can be a sign of several serious health problems. Regular practice of yoga can help to fight skin problems or disease and also help to improve blood circulation, skin tightening, deliver oxygen to cells and relieve stress. However, if you are suspected of being somewhat more serious, it is always good to consult with your doctor.
- Experienced in the field of nutrition, health, fitness, and more. She earned Master Degree from National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad and currently serving in the Eastern branch of ICMR.