When you lose weight, along with your waist breast also starts to lose. Since your breasts are mainly made up of fatty tissue, sudden weight loss sometimes reduces the volume of the breast. According to MedlinePlus, heavy breasts do not cause any medical problems as there is no standard size for healthy breasts. So, today we will tell you about how to get breasts back after weight loss?
While there is no definite way to get back what you lost, but you can use some diet and exercise tricks to improve their appearance and fullness. However, if you want to get back the volume of your breast you will need to seek treatment from plastic surgeons.
How To Get Breasts Back After Weight Loss?
1. Build Some Muscles.
One way is to build up upper body strength and muscle volume, especially in your chest, to help fill loose skin and tissue. While you can’t fill the inflated breast completely with muscles, you may be able to replace the lost amount with lean muscles in small amounts, which in turn will tighten your skin a little.
If you are new to strength training, effective chest exercises include push-ups, chest fly, bench or dumbbell press and cable crossover. Start twice a week with a set of 8 to 12 repetitions and workout to 2 or 3 sets at a time.
You will need to challenge yourself to build muscle mass, so once it becomes relatively easy to repeat 12 with good form, it is time to gradually increase the amount of weight you are lifting.
2. Posture and Breast Volume Loss.
Standing up right won’t magically increase your breasts volume, but it may show them a little full. Help to improve your posture by strengthening muscles in your back and shoulders with seating rows, lat pulldowns, alternate hand and leg lifting, back extensions and even deadlifts.
3. Eat For More Elastic Skin.
Make skin elasticity by eating a lot of colourful fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants and selenium, which help to prevent damage to skin elasticity. Ensure balanced intake of nutrients by eating a variety of foods or trying to consume the full balanced diet.
4. Drink Plenty of Water.
Staying hydrated will help to keep your skin soft and firm.(1) Dehydrated skin appears stretched and loose, while hydrated skin appears thick and vibrant – not just on your face but all over your body, including your breasts. Drink water instead of sweet cola and juice and hydrate before, during and after each workout.
5. Support Your Breasts.
The heavy breasts during high-impact exercise is not only painful – it can also pull the connecting tissue that helps to support your breasts. A supportive bra helps to keep girls under control and can make your breasts as large and full as you used to before you lose weight.
6. Consider Surgical Options.
Consult with your doctor about breast reconstruction surgery if you lose a significant amount of breast volume. Your surgeon may recommend removing excess skin, breast lift or breast implants to restore size and fullness.
7. Use Topical Treatment As A Support Measure.
Unfortunately, no cream can work miracles or repair damaged tissues. The molecules of any topical ointment are so large that they do not enter the skin at such a deep level that they cause an important amount of regeneration.
But these measures work well at the upper levels of the skin and can dramatically improve its condition, making it look tighter, brighter and more hydrated. Choose products that are suitable for your skin type and don’t forget to use sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
8. Try Massage.
Breast massage may help to improve blood flow and strengthen your breast tissue. Massage your breasts upwards for 10-15 minutes every day. You can also use various oils depending on your skin condition. For example, olive oil is a large source of antioxidants that may improve your skin texture and elasticity.
|Read Now: Asian Massage : Types & Benefits|
9. Avoid Smoking.
Smoking contributes a lot to the aging process by making the tissues less firm and elastic. Smoking has also been linked to the destruction of elastin and collagen that are responsible for the beauty of your skin.
It also spoils blood flow and slows down the distribution of oxygen and nutrients to your cells, which can lead to premature wrinkles.
Exercise To Get Breasts Back After Weight Loss.
1. Bench Chest Press.
Bench Chest Press is a great exercise that you can use to tone your muscles and increase chest muscles to make the breasts look full.
- At first lie down on the bench with a dumbbell in your hands. Your arms should be bent at an angle of 90 degrees on the elbow and parallel to the floor.
- Push the dumbbell upwards and wait for a second in this position.
- Until you are back in the starting position, bend your elbow and lower the dumbbell.
- Set 3-5 of the 12-15 reps.
- You can replace dumbbells with barbell and you may also try incline bench press to target different areas of chest muscles.
2. Chest Butterfly Exercise.
This exercise completely stretches the chest muscles, improves posture and strengthens the muscles at the same time.
- Lie on a bench with your feet on the floor and take dumbbell in both hands.
- Raise your arms, and bend slightly into your elbow, holding the dumbbell above your chest. This will be your starting position.
- Breathe and slowly open your arms towards the sides, unless they are parallel to the floor. You should feel the stretch in your chest and shoulder area.
- Exhale and return to the starting position.
- Set 3-5 of the 12-15 reps.
|Read Now: Flex Board Push Up And Its Benefits|
Push-ups is a compound exercise that engages the entire upper body with a focus on chest muscles.
- Place your hands apart from the shoulder-width and come to a position. Your body must make a straight line from your head to your toes.
- Bend your elbows slowly and try to touch the floor with your chest.
- Make a strong push and return to the starting position.
- Set 3-5 of the 12-15 reps.
If you cannot maintain proper posture during this exercise, do it on your knees or against the wall. If you feel comfortable enough, you can attempt different hand positions to target different muscles.
Are you aware of any other way that can help to improve the size of breasts? Or may you have tried some of the methods mentioned in the article? Share your thoughts.
Freaktofit has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, educational research institutes, and medical organizations. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and up-to-date by reading our editorial policy.
- Skin turgor; https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003281.htm