More and more people are trying Mike Tyson push ups these days, but not all of them are doing it the right way. In fact, if you’ve ever tried Mike Tyson push ups, you might have felt like the hardest part about this exercise isn’t doing the push ups at all, but rather getting into the proper position in order to do the exercise correctly—not to mention safely. Here’s what you need to know about Mike Tyson push ups and how to do them right in order to avoid injury and build strength effectively.
Who is Mike Tyson?
Mike Tyson was an American professional boxer and actor who competed from 1985 to 2005. His boxing career, which spanned from 1986 until 2005, saw him win 50 of his 58 fights by knockout. He is one of the few boxers in history to have been world champion in three different weight classes.
He is also known for being convicted of rape in 1992 and for biting off a chunk of Evander Holyfield’s ear during a 1997 championship fight. After his release from prison, he became a vegan and political activist.
What is a Mike Tyson Pushup?
A Mike Tyson push up is a modification of the traditional push ups. The key difference between a Mike Tyson push ups and a regular push ups is that you tap your knees on the ground with each repetition. This makes it easier to do more repetitions in less time because you take up less space and spend less time on the ground.
It also increases the range of motion, which challenges your muscles differently than regular push-ups. They are used as part of an EMOM training routine or as an additional challenge for advanced bodybuilders.
How to Perform a Perfect Mike Tyson Push ups?
Assume the plank position with hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart on the floor or put your feet flat on the floor, and then bend at the elbows until your chest almost touches the floor.
Make sure not to let your hips sag down towards the ground or lift up too much so that you’re no longer doing a flat push-up.
Your back should be straight while lowering down, but shouldn’t be completely rigid either since this may strain your spine.
Bend your arms only enough so that they remain straight, without locking out your elbow joints. Tuck your toes into the floor if possible to engage more abdominal muscles.
Why They’re Different Than Regular Old Fashioned Push-ups.
The main difference, they force both arms and shoulders into near constant motion which makes them a lot harder than just having one shoulder constantly moving like during regular push-ups.
Benefits of Doing Regular Mike Tyson Push-ups.
They increased strength, agility and cardiovascular endurance all while improving muscular endurance.
These exercises also help to burn fat and build muscle.(1)
Things to Know Before Starting (Duration, Intensity etc.)
The intensity of this workout varies depending on your fitness level and how many rounds you go through. If you’re a beginner, start with one round and work your way up by adding one more round each week until you’re doing five rounds per day.
Alternatives of Mike Tyson Push Ups.
1. One-arm Push-ups.
Start by lying face down on the ground with both arms extended in front of you, palms touching one another and fingers pointing forwards.
Keep one hand stationary where it is and then use the other hand to perform a normal push up – except instead of balancing all of your weight in one hand like usual, move your other hand about three inches away from where it was originally placed before performing another normal push up again.
Continue alternating which arm does this push-ups for 15 reps total. Once you complete 15 reps of one arm, switch over to the other side and continue until you have completed 30 total.
200 Mike Tyson Push-Ups in 10 Minutes Challenge.
Tips To Boost Your Performance.
The key to a successful set of push-ups is pacing yourself and using proper form. Here are some tips that will help you do your best during this intense EMOM:
- Perform one push-up at a time, and keep your back straight so you don’t strain your lower back.
- Keep your arms shoulder width apart and in line with your body. Always bend at the elbows, not the wrists.
- Don’t lock out your elbows when you’re going up or coming down from a push-up position. Avoid locking them out by keeping them slightly bent. This will help you avoid injury as well as get more reps per set.
- Think about pressing off the floor instead of pulling your weight upwards. As you go down, press up into the air and then come all the way back down again – don’t just fall towards the floor.
- Keep a strong core while doing these push-ups. By contracting your abs and tightening your entire torso, it’ll protect your lower back from injury. You can also try squeezing an object between your knees to hold onto for extra stability.
- Aim for doing 20 push-ups every minute for 10 minutes (200 total). You can break them up however you like – 100 in the first five minutes and 100 in the last five minutes, 50 each minute for ten minutes etc. Whatever helps you pace your self.
- Take two seconds rest after each set of 20 push-ups to allow yourself to recover before starting another round.
- If a 200 rep challenge isn’t too daunting, challenge yourself further by repeating this EMOM until either your arms give out or you hit 1000+ push-ups.
- When done with a full cycle of 200 consecutive push-ups on the minute, take three deep breaths before moving on to the next exercise if applicable.
- For those interested in taking this challenge outside of the gym, you should be able to do around 80 push-ups without stopping without too much difficulty.
- If you want to make the challenge even harder than suggested, add weights such as kettlebells or dumbbells held under your chest to increase resistance and target other muscle groups in addition to your upper body.
- Always start slow and work your way up gradually so that you can sustain a healthy pace throughout the entire workout.
- If you have a pre-existing condition (such as asthma or other health complications), consult your doctor before performing these exercises.
- Last but not least, drink lots of water before starting any workout routine. Dehydration has been shown to limit athletic performance so it’s crucial that we stay hydrated at all times.
Frequently Asked Questions.
He is use to perform 500 push ups a day.
Yes, they are excellent as they are not same as traditional push up. Thereby, before starting it is recommended to know the forms correctly in order to avoid injury.
The push ups like 200 pushup in 10 minutes, one arm push up and lots more.
Mike Tyson push ups are very effective if you want to boost your endurance and stamina. However perfect form is compulsory to grab the most out of it. So, incorporate this variations in your daily exercise routine and enjoy the challenge!
Freaktofit has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, educational research institutes, and medical organizations. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and up-to-date by reading our editorial policy.