13 Health Benefits of Hot Water Bath after Workout: After a long day of fatigue, if you take bathe with warm water, there is nothing better, especially in winter. However, it is beneficial to bathe in hot water even in summer. You may have also heard how hot water baths are taken in several countries. The hot water is very beneficial for overall health. It relieves stress, pain and fatigue. Apart from that, we will also tell you some more health benefits of hot water bath. You would like to try today as soon as you know about the benefits of hot water bath.
Advantages of Bathing with Hot Water.
The advantages and benefits of hot water bath are:
- Increase Heart’s Capacity.
- Increase Blood Circulation.
- Stress Relief.
- Better Sleep.
- Decreases Muscle Pain.
- Reduce the Roughness of the Skin.
- Rejuvenate Mind & Body.
- Clean Skin Tone.
- Benefits in Colds.
- Reduce Blood Sugar Level.
- Respiratory Diseases.
- Effective for Joint Pain.
Increase Heart’s Capacity.
By pouring hot water on the body, the heart works faster and becomes stronger, especially if you fill the bath tub with warm water. Bathing with warm water leads to a good exercise for the heart, blood tubes and increases the heart capacity.(1),(2)
Increase Blood Circulation.
Water contains several minerals. When you take a hot bath, your skin absorbs these elements. According to a study published in the “North American Journal of Medical Sciences”, they claimed that the amount of oxygen in your blood and blood circulation seems to be better with regular hot water bath.(3),(4)
The study also indicated that when we sit in the warm water, your mind also reduces stress. While the warm water heat gives relief to your undamaged muscles, the mineral elements in the water also relax you mentally.(5)
Warm water increases your body temperature. According to a study published in the journal Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, this way you get a relaxed and swollen sleep.(6)
|Read Now: Insomnia: Causes, Diagnosis and Home Remedies.|
Decreases Muscle Pain.
According to a study published in the journal Rheumatology International, sitting in a pool of warm water reduces your muscle pain. In fact, the minerals present in this hot water relieve pain.
Reduce the Roughness of the Skin.
|Read Now: How to plan your weekly exercise routine to stay fit.|
Rejuvenate Mind & Body.
Hot water not only relaxes the body but also the muscles are free from fatigue. The removal of pressure on the muscles also calms the body as well as the brain. That is why, after a day’s stress, you will get a rejuvenated mind and body.
Clean Skin Tone.
Hot water opens the follicles of our skin. Hot water dissolves dust, soil and harmful elements deposited in these follicles pores. It also makes our skin feel refreshing.
|Read Now: Yoga and its Several Health Benefits.|
Usually a headache occurs when the blood-causing tubes in our heads shrink. Hot water reduces the pressure and the turn the blood tubes in normal condition.
Benefits in Colds.
The steam emanating from hot water opens our lungs. The barriers in the nose and throat are also removed. It gives immediate relief to the hot water in winter.
Bathing with lukewarm water in the cold days creates warmth in your body and protects you from cold. It also protects your body and health from the ill effects of cold such as cough, colds and fever etc.
Reduce Blood Sugar Level.
It has also been observed that bathing with hot water also reduces the level of sugar in the body, so it is also beneficial in diabetes.(7)
Patients with respiratory diseases need to be very cautious during the cold day. It is beneficial to bathe them with warm water so that shortness of breath does not increase.
Effective for Joint Pain.
It is very effective in joint pains. Those are suffering from joint pains can try hot water bath, its provide them relax and relief them from the joint pain.(8)
Frequently Asked Questions.
1. What are the disadvantages of hot water bath?
There are many advantages of hot water bath likewise there are disadvantages too. The disadvantages of hot water bath are:
- It damage hair cuticles: Hair is made of cells called keratin, which protects hair from getting damage and breakage. Hot water damages the keratin cells which lead to hair loss.
- Makes skin dry: Taking a hot water bath washed away the protective layer of the skin. The elements and essential oil that are necessary for the skin moisture reside beneath this layer. Commonly it has been seen that skin friendly elements are being washed away if hot water baths are taken. So it is advice after taking hot shower apply moisturizer to prevent from dry skin and skin crack.
- Causes Itchiness: Hot water bath makes skin dry which lead to itchiness on skin. So to avoid this it is necessary to apply moisturizer on skin.
- Can cause infertility: Some researches showed that regular hot water bath affect the male fertility. The cause behind this is testis produce less sperm in heat environment. Sperms are produce more in cooler environment.
Hot water bath have incredible health benefits. But before you take a hot bath, be sure to talk to your doctor and find out how safe it’s for you. Especially if you are a pregnant or suffering from a heart disease, do not try without any medical advice.
- Connected with leading Defence Organization with 10 years of experience in the fitness world.