If your spine is healthy and young, then let’s say you’re also healthy and young! The spine of human is in the shape of the letter ‘S’ of English. Yoga has taken out a variety of asanas by looking at the nature and animals around us. Some of these yoga practices can really help us to build a healthy and strong spine.(1) So, today we will tell you about some yoga for spine alignment.
When your body figure is disturbed that means your spine also becomes unhealthy. From our lifestyle to our sleeping postures – there can be many reasons why our spine can be disturbed. Perhaps it is not necessary to state that the spine is the center of our whole body.
It is one of the most important parts, that is why yoga is known for the beneficial to keep spinal healthy. We have to put in a little effort to ensure that the spine remains healthy, strong and flexible.
Yoga For Spine Alignment.
1. Ardha Matsyendrasana Pose.
A simple pose to rotate the body from the part of the spine and remove all stiffness and tension. For this asana –
- Sit with your legs and outstretched in front of you. Keep both the legs together, and spine should be straight.
- Bend the right leg and place it outside the left knee, bend the left leg and place the heel next to your hip.
- Bend your body along the waist, shoulders and neck, so that the right thigh presses against your stomach.
- Try to hold the right leg while crossing the hand to the right knee.
- Stay in this state for a while and repeat the process from the other side.
2. Marjariasana Yoga Pose.
A cat’s spine is very strong. Even if she jumps from a height, she will still get down from all her four legs. This is due to the stability of the spine and good health. In Marjariasana we try to imitate the cat. For this –
- Come on your knees and hands and place the spine in a mediating position.
- Inhale, move the head upwards towards the ceiling, and tilt the navel part of your body downwards.
- Exhale, apply the chin to the chest and raise the spine.
- Do this exercise for 3-4 rounds and then take rest.
3. Hastapadasana Yoga For Spine Alignment.
This asana is suitable for enhancing the overall flexibility of the spine and its mobility. For this asana –
- Stand up straight while keeping your feet together and keep the hands together with the body.
- Breathe in and move the hands over the head and pull them upwards.
- Exhale, keeping your spine straight, leaning forward, keeping your knees and hands straight.
- Place your hands on the floor else hold your ankles.
- Stay in this position for 8-9 seconds.
- While breathing, slowly release the asana and relax.
It is a posture bending to one side with the body. For this asana –
- Stand up, keeping a distance of 2-3 feet between your two legs, keeping your hands on the waist.
- Now exhale, tilt the body, try to move your right hand towards your right ankle.
- Let the left hand move to the left side.
- Come back inhale and repeat this process on the other side as well.
If there is any problem related to the spinal cord, then these remedies are the panacea.
Always remember that your spine is also very fragile. All the nerves come out through this spinal cord. So practice in a very gentle way and try not to work harder. Always practice according to your body and take breath. Stay connected with us to get more information like this.
Freaktofit has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, educational research institutes, and medical organizations. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and up-to-date by reading our editorial policy.
- Effectiveness of Iyengar yoga in treating spinal (back and neck) pain: A systematic review; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4278133/