Various types of exercises are there for the hip. However, the hip circle exercises is a type of exercise of resistance band that is designed to be placed on your upper legs, above your knees. Hip bands add resistance to a regular exercise movement, allowing you to engage the less used muscles more effectively.(1)
Hip circle bands allow certain muscles, especially your glutes and thigh muscles, to be activated during lower-body exercises. It helps you to exercise efficiently and tone muscles more effectively without the stress of using traditional weights.
Benefits of Hip Circle Exercises with Band.
Hip circle bands are a great way to engage your lower body and tone your glutes. Before start, let’s learn about some benefits of using hip circle bands.
- More intense warm-up.
- Increase flexibility and speed.
- Better rotation of the hip joints.
- Burn fat and tone muscles.
- Increase resistance at your own pace.
- Prevent injuries while exercising or weightlifting.
- Train and workout anywhere.
Hip Circle Exercises.
Before start hip circle exercises, remember to warm up first. For each of these exercises, 3 sets of 10-15 reps burn your fat and tone your glutes. To improve your performance over several weeks, increase resistance using the hip band.
1. Hip Circle Walk.
Video Source: Hip circle walks
Warm up with hip circle walking exercises to loosen your hips and protect against injury.
- Place your hip circle band around your thighs.
- Walk up & down slowly to create resistance and loosen up your movements.
|Read Now: Which Outdoor Sport Can Combine Both Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise?|
2. Glute Kickback.
Video Source: MB Slingshot Hip Circle Kickbacks | CORE by Liz
Stretch your glutes with glute kickback exercise.
- Place a resistance band around an ankle before kneeling on the floor, and before adopting a plank position.
- Place the other end of the band firmly in your hand, and slowly kick your foot backwards.
- The more you move your leg back further, the more resistance you’ll get from the hip circle band.
3. Hip Circle Squat.
Video Source: Hip Circle Squats | Exercise Demo Reign Fitness
You can tone your glutes with an intense set of hip circle squats. Hip circle squats actually help to improve your exercise technique, allowing you to build up as many squats as you can do while toning your glutes brilliantly.
- At first place your hip circle band just above your knees.
- Stretch your legs apart from your shoulder-width, and slowly lower yourself to the squat position while placing your arms in front of you.
- Pay attention to your squat technique to get the maximum benefit from the resistance band.
4. Glute Raise/Bridge.
Video Source: Hip Circle Glute Bridge
Strengthen and tone your abs and glutes using glute raise exercise.
- Lie down on your back, placing your hip circle band on top of your knees and place your knees at right angles to the floor.
- Keep your feet and back flat on the floor and slowly raise your hips towards the ceiling before you get back to the floor.
|Read Now: Leg Exercise For Runners : Enhance Flexibility With Running|
5. Hip Circle Side Steps.
Video Source: COACH TIP: HIP CIRCLE LATERAL STEPS
Hip circle side step exercises, or lateral steps, are a great way to target your inner and outer thighs using hip circle bands.
- Place your hip circle band comfortably above your knees and stretch your legs comfortably. Lift your left foot slowly but firmly and then take a step to the left. Bring your left leg back to the center. Lift your right leg and take a lateral step to the right. Bring your right foot back to the center to repeat.
Slingshot Hip Circle Exercises.
The original sling shot provides hip circle level 2 resistance, which is ideal for activating the glutes and the entire lower body. By positioning durable elastic bands above both knees during warm-up walks – whether it’s forward, backward or side-to-side movement – you can strengthen your hip abductors and external rotators while training better form and alignment for your squats as well as deadlift. You can also wear slingshot hip circles during the lift itself to help push your knees out properly and reduce the risk of potential injury.
Measuring in 3″ width for this type of training, the sling shot hip circle is a great choice of traditional mobility bands, as it will not slide or slip during use and will not stick to your skin or pull out your toe hair, either the budget value of the hip circle, portability, And effectiveness as a rehab tool makes it a combination of mindless for beginners and experienced athletes alike.
Hip circle band exercises are a great way to tone and strengthen your lower body muscles, especially your glutes. If you want to incorporate simple, but effective exercises into your routine, hip circle exercises with resistance bands are a great way to work on your lower body.
- Completed Certified Personal Fitness Trainer Course from American Council on Exercise with 10 years of experience. View author's certificates.