Hypothyroidism is the state of a disease in humans caused by inadequate production of thyroid hormone from the thyroid gland. It can also be caused by iodine deficiency or as a result of postpartum thyroidism. This is a situation that affects almost every women within a year after giving birth. Sometimes it is also genetic. It is one of the diseases that spread slowly. So, today we will tell you the effectiveness of bay leaves and cinnamon in Hypothyroidism for weight loss.
How Many Stages of Hypothyroidism Are There?
There are four types of hypothyroidism. Which are;
In sub-clinical hypothyroidism, the level of TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) increases from 3 to 5.5 mU/L. If the level of thyroxine (ThyroxineT4) is within normal levels, these references refer to sub-clinical hypothyroidism.
TSH levels can be increased from 5.5 to 10 mU/L but thyroxine (ThyroxineT4) levels can be reduced, or stay in normal in most of the patients. The level of T3 does not drop much unless the disease develops. This is because the increase in TSH levels stimulates thyroid to release more T3.
It’s more visible when the level of T3 starts falling. Mild hypothyroidism is probably caused by autoimmune thyroiditis, symptoms of which are seen as fatigue, weight gain, liquid interception (Fluid Retention), etc.
A person has moderate hypothyroidism when the TSH level is within the range of 10 to 20 mU/L and T3 and T4 are in low levels. So, it is very important to check hypothyroidism and fix it, as it increases the risk of miscarriage and fetal death in women.
If hypothyroidism is not treated in time, it can increase to become a Myxedema Coma. Myxedema coma is a very dangerous condition, very low production of thyroid hormone is characterized by it. The body is unable to withstand stress, cold weather and surgical conditions etc. in this condition. The patient does not feel normal in this situation and has to face physical weakness, confusion and swelling in the body etc.
The function of your thyroid is to produce hormones. These hormones are essential to maintain the metabolism of the body. When it becomes inactive, the rest of the body’s actions begin to be affected. Hypothyroidism is caused by inadequate production of thyroid hormones from thyroid glands. It can also be caused by iodine deficiency.
The problem of hypothyroidism first requires lifestyle and dietary changes. The disease is not so big that it cannot be controlled. In addition, you should take special care of your diet, as it will further aggravate the problems caused by thyroid. These things need to be taken care, to avoid thyroid disease.
- Caffeine does not increase the thyroid directly, but excess consumption can increase the symptoms of thyroid. For example, restlessness and sleeplessness.
- Thyroid glands take iodine from our body and produce thyroid hormones. Those who are suffering from overeating should avoid such food. Which contains a lot of iodine. Salt containing sea food and iodine should be avoided.
- Alcohol, beer, etc. affect the energy level in the body. This leads to sleep complaints for people suffering from thyroid. In addition, the risk of osteoporosis also increases.
- In India, we usually call it Dalda Ghee. This ghee is used heavily in food shops. This eliminates good cholesterol and promotes bad cholesterol.
- Red meat contains a lot of cholesterol. This leads to faster weight gain in the body. People with thyroid problem should avoid consumption of red meat. You can consume chicken.
- Thyroid victims should include iodine rich foods in the meal as it helps in production of thyroid hormone.
- You can also use marine organisms or foods obtained from the sea for iodine. Seaweed and vegetables contain a lot of iodine.
- Eating a diet rich in iron and copper is also very beneficial in thyroid.
- Cashew nuts, almonds and sunflower seeds should be taken for copper.
- There can be no better option for iron than green and leafy vegetables, especially spinach.
- Thyroid patients should consume paneer and green chili as well as tomatoes.
- You should give priority to a diet containing vitamins and minerals.
- Consumption of low fat ice cream and curd is also very beneficial for thyroid patients.
- In addition, some cow’s milk should also be consume.
- You can also use coconut oil while cooking.
|Read Now: 16 Keto Diet Food For Rapid Weight Loss|
- Do half to one hour of exercise every day.
- Doing yoga is also effective for the problem of thyroid. Yoga always an effective option for your overall health. Doing these yoga asanas every morning for half or an hour will make it easier for you to treat thyroid , such as matsyasana and halasana.
Bay Leaves In Hypothyroidism For Weight Loss.
Bay leaves enrich with calcium (83%) which promote strong bones and teeth by preventing bone loss and supporting bone growth. It also contain iron (53.7%) which is effective against anemia.
Copper (46%) and manganese (35.5%) help to prevent premature hair greying, iris discoloration and support thyroid hormone production.
Using bay leaves for weight loss can be beneficial for you.(1) The use of bay leaves and cinnamon sugar mixture is very good for your digestive system. It helps to remove unwanted fat from your body and reduces weight. Consuming it regularly also helps in regularizing menstruation. At the same time, its also removes menstrual problems.(2)
Bay leaf is one of the herbs that can control appetite. Therefore, after consuming it, the person can avoid consuming extra calories and keep weight under control. At present, no scientific evidence is available to confirm this.
Cinnamon In Hypothyroidism For Weight Loss.
Apart from the bay leaves, cinnamon is also helpful in Hypothyroidism. A study was conducted where it revealed that, intake of cinnamon water suppress serum total T3 level along with serum T4 and TSH level.(3)
Cinnamon is proved to be effective for reduce obesity. According to research by several research institutions published on the website of NCBI (National Centre for Biotechnology Information), cinnamon supplements can affect obesity to a great extent. Cinnamon is rich in polyphenolic compounds with anti-obesogenic properties. Lipid absorption of intestines is prevented by polyphenolic compounds, which can help in weight loss.(4) This research can be inferred that apart from bay leaves, cinnamon in Hypothyroidism can be used for obesity as well as weight loss.
Cinnamon help in digestion. A good digestive process helps in weight loss. If you want to lose weight, drink cinnamon tea. Add cinnamon powder to water and boil. Strain it. Add a teaspoon of honey to it and drink it. Consumption of cinnamon can reduce excess fat accumulated in the body. According to a research, the fatty acids and antibacterial properties present in cinnamon have been found to be capable for weight loss.(5) Cinnamon cleans the blood as well as aids in weight loss by reducing excess fat.
People who are overweight take a variety of measures to lose weight. Add two teaspoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to a cup of water. Consume it 3 times a day. This also reduces cholesterol. So, you can take full advantages of bay leaves along with cinnamon in Hypothyroidism to reducing obesity.
FAQ. (Bay Leaves and Cinnamon in Hypothyroidism)
1. Is Honey, lemon and chia seeds mixed drink helps in weight loss?
Yes, indeed it helps in weight loss. Chia seeds is a low carb high protein drink and its exactly for those who want to reduce weight. Apart from this, it is also effective for a healthy heart. Adding lemon to it increase its taste along with vitamin C, and a drop of honey acts as a fuel that helps liver to make glucose, thereby keeps the brain sugar level high and forces to release the fat burning hormones.
2. Can we take cinnamon and honey for weight loss with BP medicine ATMAS-AT?
It is a good choice to take cinnamon and honey for weight loss as it helps in reducing weight as well as a study published by the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, stated that cinnamon helps in reducing systolic blood pressure by 5.39mm. But, whether to take it with BP medicine ATMAS-AT is depends upon your health condition. It is advisable to consult with your doctor before go for it.
3. Does methi, carom and cinnamon powder good for weight loss?
Yes, all of these are good for weight loss. Methi is rich in soluble fiber which promotes weight loss. Carom seeds contain an essential oil called Thymol which has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, this oil helps to secret gastric juice which improves the digestive power thereby increasing metabolism and aids to weight loss. Cinnamon powder is also helps to reduce weight by boosting up the metabolism, improving insulin function thereby promotes weight loss.
4. Can I eat flax seed, cumin, fennel and cinnamon powder for weight loss? Does it have any side effects?
Yes, you can have this powder for weight loss as they helps to boost up the metabolism power and improves digestive function. Anything excess is not good for health. However, no serious side effects has been showed. But, excess consumption can make your body warm from inside and can lead to diarrhea. So, before starting it is better to consult with your doctor.
5. Can we use jeera, ajwain and cinnamon for weight loss?
Yes, you can, as these things helps to boost up your metabolism and helps to improve digestion. Thereby, promotes weight loss. But, consumption should be in a limit.
6. Can we drink cinnamon water without honey as low calorie drink?
Yes, you can drink only cinnamon water without honey. Its also effective in weight loss. But a drop of honey also effective, as it helps to release fat burning hormones.
7. For how many days should one take cinnamon and honey to lose 10kg weight?
It is advisable to consult with your dietitian as they will know you better. But to lose 10 kg weight it is advisable to drink this water early morning in empty stomach at least for 2 months. Along with this go for a healthy balanced diet which low in carbs. As well as exercise is necessary.
Therefore, it can be concluded that hypothyroidism is a disease which occur due to imbalance in thyroid hormone production. It leads to increase in weight. Thereby, including bay leaves and cinnamon in hypothyroidism helps you to preventing obesity as well as, it will regulate your thyroid hormone levels.
Freaktofit has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, educational research institutes, and medical organizations. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and up-to-date by reading our editorial policy. 1. Health Benefits of Bay Leaf, Health Action, 31 (7), 24 – 26 : https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326913522_Health_Benefits_of_Bay_Leaf_Health_Action_31_7_24_-_26 2. 10 reasons why you should stock up on bay leaves in your kitchen! : https://www.parentcircle.com/health-benefits-of-bay-leaves/article 3. Cinnamon intake reduces serum T3 level and modulates tissue-specific expression of thyroid hormone receptor and target genes in rats : https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26374392/ 4. Cinnamon effects on metabolic syndrome: a review based on its mechanisms : https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26374392/ 5. Antimicrobial activities of cinnamon oil and cinnamaldehyde from the Chinese medicinal herb Cinnamomum cassia Blume : https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16710900/ 6. Postpartum Thyroiditis : https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15294-postpartum-thyroiditis 7. What Is Autoimmune Thyroiditis? : https://www.webmd.com/women/whatis-autoimmune-thyroiditis 8. Myxedema Coma : https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/myxedema-coma\