Hemorrhoids: Types, Prevention, Treatment and Home Remedies
Hemorrhoids are commonly known as piles. It is caused by chronic constipation and diarrhea. When the walls of these areas are stretched, it leads to swelling and irritation of the nerves enclosed in the lower areas of the anus and rectum. They can be located inside the rectum or under the skin near the anus.
It is found among three out of four adults. Sometimes its do not cause any side effects. It basically cause tingling and distress as well as bleeding can be seen in hemorrhoids.
These are not dangerous, but can be incredibly painful and can cause discomfort. Fortunately, many successful options are accessible for the treatment. Also using home remedies and changing lifestyles helped to get relief from hemorrhoids.
Types of Hemorrhoids.
These are classified into four types, which are;
It is commonly found inside the rectum. Most often, the major sign is bleeding from the rectum. Pressure during feces caused by internal pushing as it passes through the anus. It is known as a deformed or elongated state and it can be painful.
Here hemorrhoids thrive in the outer part of the anus, and it is in the same place from where the bowel movements are done. Over time, it starts to become a lump, but as it grows, the pain also increases.
When the inner hemorrhoids begin to grow, it gradually starts to come out, this condition is called prolapsed hemorrhoids.
It is considered the most complex type of hemorrhoid. Because it causes bleeding, as a result it weakens the person. One can suffering a lot from this kind of situations. If you found blood at the time of bowel movement, it is a serious problem and there is a need to consult an expert.
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids.
- Painless bleeding during bowel movements.
- You can found blood on your toilet tissue or in the latrine.
- Warts or lumps near your rear-end, which can be sensitive or painful.
- Tingling or irritation in your anus.
- Pain or discomfort.
- Swelling around your anus.
The development of nerves around the rear-end causes hemorrhoids. This can be due to;
- Pregnancy: It occur more regularly in pregnant women, due to spread of the uterus, it put necessary pressure on the vein in the colon, which causing inflammation.
- Aging: Risk of hemorrhoids are increase with the age. The age group can be classified from 45 to 65 years. This does not mean that it cannot occurs in the young and the child.
- Diarrhea: These can occur after the flow of stool is sustained.
- Chronic Constipation: If you have constipation, at this situation it pressurize the movement of the stool and put extra load on the dividers of the veins.
- Prolong Seating : Sitting in the same position for a long time can increase the risk of hemorrhoids. Mostly found in the people those are connected with profession of driving, tailoring and IT sector.
- Heavy Lifting: Frequently picking up heavy weights can cause hemorrhoids.
- Intercourse: This type of sexual intercourse can cause new or stimulate the existing one.
- Weight: Obesity may cause several health complications, hemorrhoids are one of them.
- Genetics: Some individuals receive the incubation form gene.
There are many reasons for which hemorrhoids can occur. But the most common causes are lifting heavy weights, prolong sitting and having chronic constipation etc.
Several tests and techniques are available for internal analysis of hemorrhoids, which are as follows;
During computerized rectal testing, your specialist embeds a gloves, moisturized finger into your rectum. The patient may feel anything bizarre i.e. for events. This test may be recommend by the specialist before any other tests.
During visual testing, internal ones are usually difficult to feel. Your expert can similarly see the last part of your rectum and colon with a proctoscope and coil. Specialist may need to look at your entire colon using colonoscopy.
There are many surgical and non-surgical methods are available to treat it, according to the severity and condition of its enlargement. They are as follows;
Non-Surgical Methods for Treating Hemorrhoids.
Surgical Methods for Treating Hemorrhoids.
- Using scalpel to cut that area.
- To gradually push them with constant pressure.
- Remove bleeding with a small incision.
Drugs and Other Products for Hemorrhoids.
Doctors are prescribe several medicines to treat hemorrhoids. Some of the most common products are;
- Doctor Butler: Helps to reduce irritation, itching and bleeding.
- Thena Natural Wellness: Sitz bathing can done using this soak.
- Hem Control Capsules: It is an alternative to creams, ointments or other treatments.
- Tronolane Hemorroids Cream: It works as astringent to reduce pain and itching.
- Motherlove Organic Rhoid Balm: It is a useful ointment for pregnant women.
- Doughnut Tailbone Cushion: This cushion is specially designed for people suffering from hemorrhoids.
If hemorrhoids are not cured in stipulated time, it became severe and painful. So, it is mandatory to consult with the doctor in right time. Treatment can be done either in home with proper diet and regular exercise. If it is not cured then severity medications should be start according to the condition.
Does Surgery Cure Hemorrhoids?
During the medical process, most of the time issues are fixed. Preventing constipation to avoid successful long-term medical procedures and stress depends on bowel habits. Only 5% of individuals recur even after the medical procedure.
How Long Does Hemorrhoids Last?
No special period is prescribed for the existence of hemorrhoids. Usually, external or large hemorrhoids may take longer time to cure. Within a few days a small one can be disappear without any treatment. It is advisable to consult a doctor at an early stage to get rid of hemorrhoids in 48 hours.
How To Prevent Hemorrhoids?
These are some preventive measures to avoid hemorrhoids. These are;
The best source of fiber is plant such as vegetables, beans, nuts, organic products, beans, whole grains and seeds.
It enables you to maintain a strategic distance from hard stool and stagnation, so you may be under less stress during solid discharge. You may prefer soy products, which contain fibers, in addition to water.
Physical activity, such as half an hour of jogging, is the another way of healthy body and guts.
Yoga is an another way to good keep the body healthy and to get quick relief from diseases. For hemorrhoids you should practice anulom-vilom and Kapalbhati pranayama for 2 times a day. If you do not know the correct procedure of pranayama, take the help of a yoga guru.
What to Eat?
- Bitter guord juice, lassi and water.
- Oatmeal, curd rice, moong dal khichdi and native ghee.
- It is also beneficial to eat guava after eating.
- Eat bananas, raw coconut, gooseberry, figs, pomegranates and papaya in fruits.
- Eat spinach, carrots, beetroot, tomatoes, turai, radishes in vegetables.
What to Avoid?
- Avoid spicy food.
- Do not eat meat, fish, urad dal, stale food and marinate.
- Canned food, potatoes and eggplant.
- Alcohol and tobacco.
- Avoid consuming more tea and coffee.
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids.
You can take these measures for domestic treatment of piles;
The inflammatory and therapeutic properties of aloe vera reduces the irritation of hemorrhoids and reduce the problem of constipation. It is beneficial in the treatment of both internal and external piles.
Apply aloe vera gel to the warts outside the anus. It soothes irritation and itching. Eat 200-250 grams of aloe vera pulp. This will not lead to constipation and will make it easier to excreta.
Apple vinegar helps to shrink the blood vessels. Add a teaspoon of apple vinegar with a glass of water in bloody piles and apply twice a day. Place the cotton of the apple vinegar in the hemorrhoids. This will relieve irritation and itching.
Olive oil has swollen cured properties. It reduces inflammation in the blood vessels. Apply olive oil to the warts of hemorrhoids.
Dip the cotton in pure almond oil and apply it to the warts in the piles. It reduces inflammation and irritation.
Burn the coconut roots and make ashes. Mix it with the fresh milk and take it in empty stomach regularly in the morning.
Soak three figs in a glass of water. In the morning, take it with the empty stomach and also drink this water.
Jeera (Cumin Seeds).
When there is pain and irritation of the hemorrhoids, grind the grains of the cumin with water and make a coating. Place it on the warts.
In case of bloody hemorrhoids fry the cumin and grind it with a mishree (fine sugar cubes). Take it 2-3 times a day with milk in a quantity of 1-2 grams.
Mix ginger and honey with the lemon juice. This is beneficial for the piles.
Eat papaya at dinner, it prevents constipation. This will also reduce the pain that occurs at the time of defecation.
Boil the ripe banana and consume it twice a day. It have several health benefits as well as it also beneficial for hemorrhoids.
Add warm water to the bath tub (Sitz bath) and sit for 10-15 minutes. It is the best treatment to relieve from hemorrhoids pain and irritation.
Apart from surgery and medications, hemorrhoids can also be cure by initiating some home remedies. Lemon, papaya, hot water, banana, whey and many more remedies are available which can help in curing hemorrhoids.
Difference Between Piles and Fistula.
Hemorrhoids cause inflammation of the blood vessels of the anus and lower part of the rectum. This happens by prolonged constipation and prolonged sitting in defecation.
In addition, obesity or pregnant women are also at high risk. It becomes a wart in the anus or rectum, which causes bleeding and it also hurts.
There are no warts in the Fistula. In the clitoris, a wounded tube is formed, which is open internally and placed in outside the anus. External opening occurs in the skin.
Fistula occurs in people who have an abscess near the entrance. The abscesses become many mouths. In such a case, if the patient manipulates him, he becomes a fugitive.
Out of this, blood and pus continue to emerge. In the early stages, it reduces the amount of pus and blood. Therefore, it only takes a stain in the patient’s clothes. Gradually the leakage increases and the patient starts to have itching, discomfort and pain.
Frequently Asked Questions.
1. How do I know if I have hemorrhoids ?
If a piece from the anus is exiting or bleeding, hemorrhoids are determined by proctoscopy or colonoscopy tests. You may feel several itching, pain and inflammation in your anus.
2. How long does hemorrhoid takes to recover?
However, its totally depends upon the severity, gradually it can decrease within a couple of weeks to a few months.
3. How do I stop hemorrhoids?
You can prevent hemorrhoids by adopting an active lifestyle and a healthy balanced diet, which also prevents constipation and regulates bowel movements.
4. Is it possible to treat hemorrhoids only by surgery?
The treatment of hemorrhoids is only surgery, but it is not true. Timely treatment and a better lifestyle can cure the disease.
5. What are the other diseases caused by hemorrhoids?
Excessive bleeding in hemorrhoids can cause anemia. The person starts feeling weakness. Prolonged illness and lack of treatment can also lead to colorectal cancer. Therefore, treat hemorrhoids as soon as symptoms appear.
6. Can hemorrhoids occur again after surgery?
Surgery is the only solution in modern medical science and even after surgery, the disease can come back again. Therefore, home remedies and better lifestyles should be adopted. It reduces the likelihood of hemorrhoids being re-occurred.
Hemorrhoids is a disease that is very distressing. It causes swelling inside and outside of the anus and the lower part of the rectum. This causes warts to be formed inside and outside the anus or in one place.
About 60 per cent of people have a problem of hemorrhoids at some stage of age. It is important for the patient to treat piles at the right time. If hemorrhoids are not treated in time, it converts in a serious health issue.
Therefore, a proper care should be taken in order to prevent such kind of problem. Eat fiber rich and proper balanced food and drink plenty of water. Along with this do physical activities like free hand exercise and yoga to keep yourself active and healthy as well as merely disease free.